Sweet Potato Nachos Recipe

I've been wanting to make some sweet potato chips lately and thought it was a good idea to try a nacho dish! This is not your typical nacho dish, but I swear I will be making more and more of these recipes because this one pleased me quite terribly.
          The toppings I added are my own personal favourites, but the sweet potato chips go so well with anything that I'm sure you'll do just fine adding whatever you prefer. I had so much fun making this dish I even forgot I had a movie date. (My boyfriend and I ended up having to watch The Best of Me instead of The Judge. I shall stop here because I may just start an argument over which one is better.) Hope you get to try this recipe at home! They're very delicious and great for budget chefs or cooks at home.
Serving Size: 3-4 people
Prep time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Ingredients
1. Sweet Potato Chips (Recipe to follow)

2. Ground Beef (1/2 kilo)
3. Serrano peppers (whole or chopped is up to you)
4. Cheese sauce
5. Olives 
6. Parsley (Chopped)
7. Sour Cream (3 tbsps)
Sweet Potato Chips 
          Sweet potato chips are really good for you. They are a healthier alternative to packed potato chips you get at the grocery. To make them, it requires less than 3 ingredients so it is absolutely light on the wallet. The only hang up is that it takes quite some time to make them crisp up. I suggest you slice the potatoes with a really sharp knife or a mandoline so you get the thinnest pieces as possible! They're really easy to make and I'm sure you'll fall in love with the amazing flavour. 
Ingredients
1. Sweet potatoes (3)
2. Olive Oil 
3. Salt
Equipment
1. Oven
2. Knife/Mandoline
3. Oven trays
Procedure
1. Preheat your oven to about 120 C.
2. Cut your sweet potatoes into really thin, even slices. (You can use a potato peeler, but I prefer to use knives or mandolines.)
3. Place them on your oven tray in one layer. (Don't let them sit on top of each other so they all cook evenly.)
4. Sprinkle salt over them.
5. Put them in the oven and until they begin to crisp up.
6. After an hour, flip them over and let them bake again.
7. When they're as crispy as you want them (I'd wait for another hour) remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 2 minutes.
While the chips are warm: 
Sweet Potato Nachos
Procedure
1. Put all the chips into a bowl
2. Add in the (cooked) ground beef, cheese sauce, peppers, olives.
3. Top with a dollop of sour cream
4. Parsley to garnish
5. Serve right away.

          Voila! This is a perfect snack for a movie, a party or even a basketball game! It is also a pretty refreshingly healthy alternative to the normal greasy foods we love to snack on. Give these nachos a try and tell me what you think! #sunnysideash



Suggested Beverage
          These  chips will go with absolutely anything so it really depends on what you're doing. If you're having a get-together with your friends, a beer or a glass of margarita wouldn't hurt. If you're watching a movie, try a soda or some coconut water. But just trust me when I say, anything goes with this recipe! 
Thanks for the read. 'Til next time!
xx 
Ashley
© SUNNYSIDEASH
Maira Gall