Easy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

 
One of my favourite comfort dishes of all time is the classic mac n cheese. It's something I crave for on a constant, something I absolutely love making thanks to the unlimited spoon-licking and cheese sauce-tasting, and something I love serving to my friends. I make mac n cheese in so many different ways, but today I'm going to show my most basic of recipes--and when I say basic, I mean as basic as the girl you hate the most basic. Less ingredients, less prep time, less fuss! 
My personal products of choice (Don't mind the dirty salt container)
Wheat or regular macaroni is fine
Serving size: 2-4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Ingredients
1. 300g (or more) of macaroni pasta
2. Water
3. Butter
4. 3/4 cup full cream milk
5. 3/4 cup all purpose cream
6. 300g choice cheese/s* (shredded or cut into pieces)
7. Salt
8. Pepper

*For this simple and affordable recipe I suggest a processed cheese. 
For a more gourmet-tasting meal, I suggest a combination of any: Mozzarella, cream cheese, parmigiano reggiano, gruyere or gouda
Equipment you'll need
Procedure
1. Cook the pasta.
2. On a sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter.
3. Pour in the full cream milk and all purpose cream and let it warm up (do not boil).
4. Toss the shredded cheese in and mix it with a whisk.
5. Continue to mix the cheese sauce until the cheese it melted through. (The consistency does not have to be thick just yet.)
6. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve pasta separately from sauce if you want to keep sauce for 2-3 days. 
9. Pour the sauce into the pasta while the pasta pot is hot, mix it around then turn off the heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. You should notice that the sauce will start to thicken up as it cools.
 

Give this a try and tell me what you think on instagram #sunnysideash
For questions email me at sunnysideash.offiical@gmail.com



© SUNNYSIDEASH
Maira Gall