Candied Bacon Carbonara Recipe

This entire month has been nothing short of tiring lately. I don't know if it's the accumulation of all my school work, my suddenly weak and fleeting immune system, or that I somehow manage to stress myself out about every little thing that has been happening to me. I have been sick, exhausted, and also completely unmotivated to do anything, which explains the lack in cooking or recipe-making. BUT, in an effort to pick myself up and force myself to stop moping around and complaining (which hasn't exactly been helping me out these past few days), I'm going to answer a few requests today.
          Today I'm going to share with you my secret to making my special candied bacon carbonara. Now, I'm sure you all have a pretty good idea about what a creamy pasta is supposed to taste like, but for this recipe I would like you to keep an open mind. This one's made a little bit differently but it still packs a lot of flavour and it's much simpler to make. 
          The idea actually came to me when my boyfriend and I decided to stay in one day. He was craving for pasta and so I did two types: a candied bacon carbonara and a chili garlic parmesan. I favoured this and he favoured the other but he swears it's one of his faves. No heavy cream used here, and I'm pretty sure you'll get away with making this without making any stops to the grocery.

          Also, later down the line of this post will be a new cocktail recipe I made for my good friend Miggy, who shares the same passion of drinks and food as I do. He's been asking for a light cocktail recipe, and so I tried to make one as light as I could. (Although I'm pretty sure that light is not my forte, I still get friend points for trying.) Fortunately, it goes really great with this recipe, so I'm going to make it my Suggested Beverage for today. Hope you all get to try some of my recipes out and tell me about it!
Ingredients
1. 3 Eggs (2 yolks, 1 whole)
2. Freshly grated Parmigiano-reggiano
4. Pepper
5. Salt
6. 1/4 of a regular pack of Pasta
7. Oil
8. Candied Bacon (Recipe and procedure in Grilled Cheese Please)
9. 2 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped finely)
Procedure
Prepare the candied bacon, make sure it is cut into small pieces.
Prepare the sauce: Beat the eggs in a bowl, add Parmigiano-Reggiano, pepper, salt
Cook the pasta.
In a pot, while the pasta is cooking, make the pasta base. 
Pasta base: In deep pot hot with oil, add the garlic and candied bacon. 
When the pasta is done cooking combine it with the pasta base. 
Immediately add some oil into the pasta and the pasta sauce. 
Grate more cheese over the dish if needed.




Suggested Beverage

Cranberry de coco Cocktail

  1. 1 part cranberry cocktail 
  2. 1 part vodka 
  3. 1 part club soda or soda water
  4. 1/3 cup of nata de coco juice
  5. 5 pieces of nata de coco in each glass



          Hello everyone! I would just like to say thank you for keeping me and my blog alive and well. I'm still getting lots of love from you all daily, and I know that it's because you love food just as much as I do. Thank you for all the support, and for being one of the only things that keep me sane. 
          I've added a few new features to the blog, namely a #hashtag feature where you can post your own good food that you'd like to share with me or the recipes you've tried from the Sunnyside. Just don't forget to tag#sunnysideash. It will appear on my blog feed! All posts containing #sunnysideash will appear on the Instagram widget on the right corner of my page. 
          Also, you can now comment without having an account, and your comments will turn out anonymous. I hope you know that I appreciate everything, especially constructive criticism and honest-to-god feedback on the recipes! I also made a separate blog-gram so you do not need to see all of my goofy/personal stuff. It's only food and blog announcements @sunnysideash. Give me a follow! 
          Thanks to all of you for sharing my blog and for sharing the love as well. I'm definitely feeling it! 

xo
Ashley

© SUNNYSIDEASH
Maira Gall