Six Sweet Summer Refreshments

If you've ever been to the Philippines during the summer season, you know what it really feels like to be burning alive under a scorching hot sun. I'm talking about the days where air-condition just can't cut it, where sunscreen dissipates into oblivion in the span of a minute, where you can easily fry eggs off of any surface (even the cooler's), and where submerging yourself head-first into a giant tub full of ice seems like the only way out. 
          My list is for all of my fellow tropical countrymen out there that share the same pain as I do because today I'm coming in with my top summer refreshments for the year of 2015. It's a list of my go-to drinks or desserts that definitely cool me down on a hot summer day. Hope you guys like it. Enjoy it while it's hot!
Birthday Cake Milkshake by Cupcakes by Sonja
P195 | Cupcakes by Sonja
          When I got word of the new series of milkshakes Cupcakes by Sonja was creating, I just about jumped out of my skin. You know they're not playing any games when an entire cupcake goes into each shake. If that's not top-level genius and innovation, I don't know what is. People come for the Bacon & Waffle shake, which is all well and good, but there is just something about an old school, funfetti favourite that takes the cake for me. This drink will bring you back to your sweetest childhood memories. 
Jameson's Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Popcorn Crunch by Green Pastures
P350 | Green Pastures
          Never have I ever been compelled to describe any dish as sexy until the moment my table's server presented this beautiful bowl of sultry sweetness to me. The salted caramel ice cream has a deep flavour to it which surpasses the realm of salty and sweet and transports your tastebuds into another dimension. The caramel popcorn beneath it is a great parallel taste to the ice cream above. Moreover, a nice, subtle-tasting cream is poured over the ice cream and drips into the crispy popcorn to bridge together two very strong and similar flavours. 
Taro Snow by Serenitea
P105 | Serenitea
          Before you say I'm getting a bit anticlimactic with this entry, I dare you to go to the nearest Serentiea and try it. This shake is the only thing I can stand to order constantly anywhere. It's fairly inexpensive and unfairly toothsome. The Taro in the shake tastes okay, considering it comes from an artificial powder, but it is the mixture of the vanilla ice cream at the bottom and sweet oats at the top that creates a taste like no other. 
Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake by Starr's Famous Shakes
P95 | Starr's Famous Shakes
          If you're trying to cheer a friend up on a hot, summer day a shake from the specialty store, Starr's Famous Shakes, will do the trick. Their milkshakes are creamy, thick and satisfying. So far, the Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite item. It's such a cooling  beverage that will make anyone smile. If strawberry is not an option, I guarantee that you will find a shake of preference in their long list of choices.  
Cookie Dough Sandwich by Sebastian's Ice Cream
          Sebastian's Ice Cream has a huge reputation in the ice cream industry. In fact, the Philippines's top restaurant, Antonio's Tagaytay, actually serves ice cream created with Ian Carandang of Sebastian's. In my books, there's no rhyme or reason as to why they are so successful--they just have it all! The flavour, the presentation, and the creativity. One of the more classic items on Sebastian's menu is the Cookie Dough Sandwich, a rich creamy vanilla ice cream sealed off with a kiss between two perfectly baked chocolate chip cookies and garnished with cookie dough bites for that chewy texture. 
Goat's Cheese - Frozen Cheesecake by Earth Kitchen
P250 | Earth Kitchen
          Goat's milk, if used justifiably, can create some of the creamiest recipes. This Goat's Cheese Ice Cream by Earth Kitchen is a prime example of that. It is fresh, wholesome and saccharine. I am a believer that food generally reflects the restaurateur and the mastermind behind the food. Earth Kitchen is a philanthropic joint that serves an exotic menu of foods. But, the ice cream alone is worth the entire trip there. 

For inquiries about contacting me for personal and business matters and following me on social media accounts, please visit my About Me section. 
© SUNNYSIDEASH
Maira Gall